Sunday, May 29, 2011

I Just Can't Do It

Restoration Hardware
All across blogland, people are running to their closest thrift store, antique store, or bookstore to load up on some old books so they can follow in the footsteps of Restoration Hardware and Ballard Designs.  After I did my little spiel on books yesterday, perhaps some of you can understand why I just can't do it.  I had every intention of making my own little bundles and thought I could go through with it.  I went to Home Depot to buy an exacto knife and Hobby Lobby to buy the twine.  I ventured out to Half Price Books and antique stores determined to find a few books I could stomach doing this to, but my attempts proved most unsuccessful.  I hoped (and am still hoping) that I will soon find some pitiful looking books with the cover already dangling off.  Then I will become the savior of books instead of the destroyer.  I like that idea. Perhaps someday, I will catch up with all of you guys in blogland. 

Ballard Designs

No comments: