Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My to-do list

It just seems like my list of home projects is getting longer and longer.  At this point in the game, I have to choose my battles. Right now, the battle is over dust, dirt, and felines.  But as soon as that is conquered and we are moved in, we will start addressing our little nuances.  For example, as soon as you walk into the living area you spy this:


This is a built-in entertainment center complete with surround sound.  "Great" you say?  Well, I say a bookcase or fireplace would have made better use of this wall.  Believe it or not, we don't watch television and we don't have cable.  Occasionally, we may pop a DVD in, but that rarely happens.  Our life does not center around the tube so we really don't care to have it as the center of our living room.  I have a couple of ideas on how to mask or completely get rid of what we perceive to be an eyesore. 

Next up, the kitchen. 

 
I love the storage in this space.  In fact, I'm not sure if we have enough stuff to fill all the cabinets and drawers.  I absolutely love it.  We are going to take care of the wall color over the next few weeks so that isn't the issue.  However, the counter tops are going to have to go at some point.  The color of the cabinets . . . well, I'm tempted to paint those too.  My husband gave me a "are you sure about that" look.  Honestly, I'm kind of scared to paint the cabinets.  If I did paint them, I would make them white.  I have all sorts of ideas in my head, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will ever come to fruition. 

Let's take a look at the master bath.



Once again the color choice on the walls is not my forte, but I can easily look past that.  The sinks and the vanity on the other hand, are not so easily ignored.  The sinks are shaped like shells and the vanity has no cabinet doors.  Those little white slide-out drawers are going to have to go.  I do not run a beauty salon so I truly have no need to store hair rollers and cutesy hair things for everyone to see.  I know exactly how I want to remedy that (hopefully it will work).  

Speaking of bathrooms, check out the bathroom my little girls will use:


Does anyone see what's wrong here?  Okay, okay look beyond the color.  Now do you see it?  Something must be done about the separate sinks, the mirrors, and that awkward space between them.


I think that's enough to keep us occupied for a while.  What do you think?

No comments: